Gillam Lawncare & Landscaping, LLC is looking for professional individuals who are self-motivated and hardworking.
We hire only those individuals who are professional and who strive to be a leader or to be a part of an outstanding team. We have been blessed by a group of employees who are dedicated and truly loyal to our both our mission and our goals.
We offer a fun work environment, well-maintained equipment and competitive wages.
We are a DRUG-FREE workplace.
Background and driving checks required.
Please review the job description below. If you are a good fit for our industry, please fill out and mail or email the attached application and we will contact you for an interview.
Position Title: Landscape Installation Team Leader
Reports To: Landscape Operations Manager
The Landscape Install Team Leader is an experienced landscaper working with minimal supervision.
The position works as a member of the team and directs the activities of two or more learn members at a job site. The Landscape Install Team Leader is able to operate a variety of equipment and has a working knowledge of horticulture practices.
- Reads landscaping blueprints, reviews plan with designer and operations manager, and implements the landscape construction plan.
- Operates a variety of mechanical equipment, including but not limited to; back hoes, bob cats, dingos, tillers, sod cutters, weed caters, plant augers, chain saws and drills.
- Operates automatic and stick shift vehicles, such as dump trucks and tack and trailer combinations.
- Routinely interacts with clients by way of introductions at the beginning of a job, answering questions, responding to client requests, making reasonable changes to the plan, and providing a walk-through at the jobs completion.
- Complete the necessary paperwork including, but not limited to, time sheets, work orders, change orders, material requisitions.
- Plans and organizes the job, ensuring that sufficient resources and materials are available. Also, that the job is completed in the most time-efficient manner.
- Manages a team of two or more employees, including handling personnel issues on site and training employees on policies and procedures.
- Maintains a clean and sale work environment, including work site and equipment.
- Briefs Supervisors and makes recommendations on job status, personnel issues, or client concerns.
- Works as a member of the team.
- Helps with snow removal during winter months.
- Maintains assigned equipment and notifies mechanic of needed repair.
- Applies chemicals under the direction of a licensed custom applicator.
- Correctly using LMN software on assigned tablet.
Knowledge and Experienced This position requires a high school degree or GED, plus one year’s experience in a landscaping or hardscaping field. Candidate must be able to read and write legibly.
The successful individual will have a working knowledge of standard horticultural and hardscaping practices including paver, pond, pruning, low-voltage lighting and irrigation installation maintenance.
- Strong oral communication skills, job planning skills, and mechanical aptitude are a must.
- Ability to operate a tack and trailer combination proficiently.
- Commercial Driver’s License is a plus.
- This position requires that the individual be certified and licensed as follows:
- Ohio Driver’s License and insurable with company’s agent
- First aid / cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
The physical demands outlined are examples of the type of demands the employee will encounter on the job site.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; Crouch; stoop or kneel, reach with hands and arms; talk, and hear. ‘1`he employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job are dictated by the Ohio Driver’s License Requirements.
Job Site Conditions
The job site conditions described below arc examples of those conditions an employee encounters while performing the essential responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather (heat or cold), and moving mechanical equipment.
In addition, job sites are located on both residential and commercial property. The employee may also occasionally be exposed or confronted by homeowner’s pets.
The employee will work closely with the salespersons, department heads, team members, team leaders and clients. A professional demeanor will be required to interact with each of these important members of the Gillam Lawncare & Landscaping, LLC team.